I love feedback from our readers. Sometimes its constructive, sometimes it’s not. Either way it lets me know that someone reads what I write and that’s a good feeling.
Last week one of my posts was titled “Would you hire a goat?” It ended by saying that I would like to see more natural methods of weed control around the Atlanta area. Well apparently I’m not hanging out in the right places because as one of my subscribers responded “we got goats.”
Several of you emailed me in response to the article and here is what I’ve learned.
- Sheep can also be used for natural “weed” control.
- Kudzu is actually a great food source because it’s a legume (fruit or seed of a plant) and animals love legumes.
- Luckily the animals will not eat rhododendrons and azaleas.
- The Army Corps of Engineers has been using goats on Buford Dam for 30 years to keep natural vegetation under control!
- There are business in the metro area have goats for rent! All you need is a fence and a food source.
Thanks to all of my readers who keep me on my toes and for taking the time to share your knowledge with me! You make me smile