I hate it when I purchase an item the size of a post it and it comes packaged in a plastic fortress. Over packaging of consumer goods leads to increased waste and excessive consumption of valuable resources. Here are some of the worst (and unnecessary offenders).
1. Individually wrapped prunes. Definitely don’t understand this.
2. Plastic wrapped bananas. Unlike apples, bananas are already conveniently tied together.
3. Pre-wrapped corn. Corn has a natural wrapper…its called a husk.
4. Individually wrapped jelly beans. Who has EVER eaten just one jelly bean at a time?
5. Shrink wrapped potatoes. So excessive, what is the point of shrink wrapping a potato?
Even though I know its wrong, I am guilty of purchasing one of these items….can you guess which one?