Here are some easy, money saving tips for your bathroom.
- Turning on the faucet for a quick rinse…use the “cold” lever, using hot water for a quick rinse uses energy to heat the water even though it may not make it to the faucet.
- Use a low-flow showerhead. Newer models are more efficient and use less water, conserving resources and saving money on utility bills in the process.
- Turn off the bathroom vent as soon as you are finished using it….it can drain the house of warm or cool air.
- Take showers instead of baths. An average bath uses 15-25 gallons of hot water while a shower 5-minute shower uses less than 10 gallons.
- Fix leaky faucets. One small drip can waste up to 250 gallons of water per month…or 3,000 gallons of water down the drain.
Think that you don’t have the skills necessary to DIY. Try your local hardware store….the helpful asssociates can assist you in finding just what you need to save money…and resources.